When the Diamond brothers started their store in Phoenix in 1897, they called it "The Boston Store". Other local stores, such as Goldwater's, choose to use the family name, but Nathan and Isaac decided against doing that, for fifty years.
Support Arizona history by becoming a patron on Patreon
Click here to become a Patron!
History Adventuring blog posts are shared there daily, also there's "then and now" photos, billboards, aerials, and super high-resolution photos of historic Phoenix, Arizona
In 1947, the Boston Store celebrated their fiftieth year in Phoenix by renaming their store to "Diamond's". It remained that way until it was sold to Dillards, in 1984.
|1906 ad for the Boston Store, Nathan and Isaac Diamond.|